Dec 30, 2011

CHICKADEES

Chickadees Are My Favorite Winter Bird

When I exit from the kitchen door in wintertime I am greeted
by the chickadees at the feeder filled with sunflower seeds.

I find this little bird endearing with lots of personality.
They let me know when the feeder is empty.
While I refill it they can hardly wait to take a seed.
They never eat at the feeder but fly to a nearby branch
and dehull the seed.

The NY DEC has a page up from the Conservationist magazine
discussing the various winter birds we see at our feeders. (LINK)

The photos are by Jeff Nadler who works in
Finance for  General Electric in Schenectady, NY.
More of his bird photography can be viewed at his web site.

If you like to venture beyond your backyard bird feeder
click on the Link to Watchable Wildlife.


The Sapsucker Woods
across from the Ithaca Airport off Rt 13 is my favorite place.

LINK

LINK
George Vanderwoude